Working from a coffee shop is a great way to get some work done, but picking the right coffee shop can be tricky. Here are some key things to consider when looking for the best coffee shops in Cork, that are freelance friendly and have some great vibes.
- Good WiFi: You need good internet connection for remote working to be successful. Make sure you have a good connection before you start working.
- Good Coffee: The quality of the coffee is important for getting work done - if I can find somewhere that serves a deadly flat white then I can guarantee a good few hours of work is going to be completed.
- Privacy: Some people need privacy while they work, so look for places with private booths or tables where you can shut out the noise and distractions of other people around you. I personally prefer to find a good playlist, pop my airpods in and try to really zone into the work.
So, let's get down to the list.
1. Five Points, 59 MacCurtain Street, Victorian Quarter
Amazing bagels, great staff, solid playlists always on - it's got great vibes to get some work done in. I absolutely love this place, you can often find me here on Saturday mornings too. It's one of my favourite spots in the city to hang out in and also has lots of space and seating!
2. The Bookshelf, 78 S Mall, Cork
Perfect for getting a good few hours of work done in, I love the seats upstairs - it's super cosy and feels like your in your own sitting room, just with that added bonus of really good coffee. The staff are always great, and if you get hungry you can get a quick slice of cake! All while getting those projects or study finished off.
3. Alchemy coffee, 123 Barrack St, The Lough, Cork
Alchemy is a great little gem just a short walk away from the centre, it's got the perfect balance of peace & quiet, while still having a great vibe! It's tagline is 'coffee and bookstore' so they have a great book-ish atmosphere that is great for the concentration levels to peak! They also claim the title of 'Corks best Sausage roll' on the YAY cork vote - perfect reward half-way through a good day of work.